HAND IN HAND PROFESSIONAL CHILDCARE
Cuddling & Rocking
Dancing & Singing
Tasting & Smelling
Just a few of the important experiences that encourage a childs brain to make new connections, and grow. (Kate Reed)
I offer a warm, caring, home-from-home environment where your child can feel safe and secure. My home is child friendly, meeting OFSTED regulations - inspected every 3 years (or as necessary). I can care for children who attend Clervaux Nursery School, Jarrow Cross (CofE) Primary School, and possibly St. Bedes Nursery School* (please ask).
I keep up to date with new information via "professional" publications - such as:
Practical Professional Child Care (www.professionalchildcare.co.uk), Nursery World (www.nurseryworld.co.uk) and
Nursery Education (www.scholastic.co.uk).
All of these publications supply a wealth of up-to-date knowledge for me, as a registered childminder, but also support learning / informing children of different topics - they also provide parent guides which I am able to copy and give to parents of children in my care.
I am more than willing to accept payment via work-based voucher schemes.
Whilst your child is in my care, we do many things together. The following are examples:
- We look at books together
- We sing songs and play music
- We go to Parent & Toddler Groups
- We go to the Park and local "Farm"
- We use "Beat Baby" to interact with
- We learn to recognise numbers and letters
- We go to the local library to choose books
- We go to the shops, and children help to choose purchases
- I live close to a number of parks
- I can offer both full-time and part-time places
- I DO NOT USE PHYSICAL DISCIPLINE
* Please note that the Nursery / Schools mentioned are due to location only.